With any significant transaction involving an acquisition, disposal or merger, it’s important that companies manage the tax risks to avoid unpleasant surprises. Even more so in respect of cross-border transactions where the tax risks are not limited to a single jurisdiction.
At Imeko Associates, we take a proactive approach to transaction support commencing with proper tax planning and a rigorous review of the relevant tax issues. In the end, your company wants to enhance its value from the transaction – a view that we share.
Our commercial focus together with our international network of tax professionals can provide efficient transaction support services from the planning stage to completion including:
- transaction structuring to maximise tax efficiencies including cross-border structuring
- pre-acquisition tax due diligence reviews to identify potential tax exposures
- vendor tax due diligence to prepare a company or business for disposal
- identification of tax issues to be addressed in transaction documents such as tax warranties and liaising with lawyers
- advice on financing the transaction to manage the debt/equity mix and optimise cash flows.