A key aspect of corporate governance involves tax risk management. Companies have to be comfortable that their tax decisions do not fall foul of the tax law and are not subject to adverse scrutiny by the tax authorities.
At Imeko Associates, we can help companies manage this exposure in a number of ways. We can:
- represent the company in a tax audit or review including negotiating with tax authorities to settle a dispute
- prepare objections to unfavourable tax assessments
- advise boards of directors on the risks associated with tax schemes to be entered into by the company
- prepare reasonably arguable position papers to document the position taken in respect of the interpretation of a tax law
- carry out prudential reviews or “health checks” on various tax areas to identify any tax risks or exposures
- apply for rulings from the RTO to provide certainty on tax outcomes