In a world of complex and ever changing tax laws, businesses need to stay a step ahead and get tax advice that is proactive and relevant.
Our tax consulting team has extensive experience in advising local and international companies on Nigeria’s income tax laws – advice which is designed not only to ensure compliance but to identify opportunities and strategies to minimise tax liabilities.
We also understand that tax advice is not a ‘one-size fits all’ solution. We take an integrated approach that starts with understanding the company’s business, its needs and the outcomes it wants to achieve. We then work towards these objectives and provide a tailored tax solution. We can assist with the following:
- income tax and capital gains tax planning and implementation
- tax consolidation involving formation or acquisition of groups
- debt/equity issues in financing a business including thin capitalisation and the tax treatment of returns
- international tax advice, inbound and outbound, including structuring and exit strategies.
- analysis of tax reform legislation and the planning required to ensure compliance
- advice on the utilisation of tax losses
- specific tax rules relevant to high net wealth individuals and large family groups such as trust loss measures and private company loans
- dispute resolution with the Relevant Tax Office
- preparation and lodgement of objections and negotiation with the Relevant Tax Office